Do you need a Divorce Lawyer?
Someone you can trust
You need a Divorce Lawyer who you can trust and who you know will look after your best interests. You need someone who will support you every step of the way and get the best possible outcome for you.
At Adelaide Legal, we understand that divorce can be a difficult and emotionally draining time. Our experienced divorce lawyers are sympathetic, knowledgeable and supportive. We are great listeners too.
You can trust our team to look after your best interests and importantly, those of your children, above all else.
“Thank you to Stefania and the team for their support and assistance through my Divorce Application. Whilst the Court process can be an overwhelming experience, Stefania handled the case with ease.”
Travis, Glenelg North
How will Adelaide Legal’s divorce team help you?
Adelaide Legal’s Divorce Lawyers will provide you with an initial 30 minutes consultation without charge. We will take the time to listen to you and understand your situation. Only then will we feel comfortable in offering you advice.
We will always seek to settle your matter through collaboration and negotiation first, without the need for costly court action. But if we have to make the tough calls with you to fight for your rights, we will.
Our fees are sensible, transparent and are available to view here.
What to expect when you engage Adelaide Legal
- A free 30 minute consultation with an experienced divorce lawyer, without obligation.
- The personal attention you need to understand what is important to you.
- Absolute commitment to getting the best possible outcome for you.
- Our full support throughout the process.
- A lawyer who understands all aspects of divorce law, including property settlements, parenting orders, superannuation & business assets.
- An experienced trial lawyer should the need arise.
“Julia was so fabulous to deal with making a horrible separation and property settlement as easy as it could be. Her warmth and understanding was personable yet professional.”
Our commitment to you
- Our team will be in your corner protecting your interests, all the way to settlement.
- Together, we will create a strategy that works for you.
- Adelaide Legal will always advise you what’s best for YOU, not what’s best for us.
- We have the energy to fight hard but we also have the experience to recognise when a different route might be better for you.
- We are very approachable and we are cost conscious. Adelaide Legal will only act once you are fully aware of the consequences and the costs of each action.
- Our experienced divorce lawyers will help you resolve all your property and child issues.
Our Outstanding Adelaide Divorce Law Team
We are Adelaide Divorce Lawyers with more than 21 years of expertise and experience. We pride ourselves on helping our clients save time and money. We strive to take some of the stress out of the divorce process for you.
Adelaide Legal can assist you with your property settlement and child orders and whilst we aim to avoid court involvement, we are also fully prepared to go to trial if we have to. We work with you and for you towards a favourable resolution.
Divorce in Australia: Things to Be Aware Of
Once your divorce has been finalised, you have one year from the date of divorce to resolve your property settlement issues or you may lose your right to file a claim in Court to pursue a resolution.
For De Facto relationships, you have two years from the date of separation to resolve your property settlement issues or you may lose your right to file a claim in Court to pursue a resolution
You can file a claim for property settlement at any point after separation, so it is advisable to meet with a lawyer as soon as possible. You can contact the Adelaide Legal Divorce Team by clicking here or you can call us on 08 8410 9294
Divorce in Australia: Things to Be Aware Of
- A photocopy of your marriage certificate;
- You must have been separated for at least for 12 months and 1 day (evidence may be required if there is a dispute);
- You need to have been married for at least 2 years;
- Your marriage must have broken down, with no reasonable likelihood that you will get back together; and
- You must be an Australian resident, or citizen, or regard Australia as your permanent home.
If you can satisfy all of the above and you make a Joint Application with your spouse (whether or not there are children under the age of 18), you do not have to attend court to obtain your divorce.
Divorce and Child Welfare
If you have children under the age of 18, before granting a divorce the Court needs to be satisfied that you have an agreement in place for your children’s welfare, covering matters such as:
- parenting arrangements;
- child support; and
- medical issues.
This can be an informal agreement, but due consideration needs to be made as part of the divorce process.
Caring & commitment at Adelaide Legal
At Adelaide Legal, we won’t compromise our commitment to caring, specialised service during any part of the legal process. Regardless of the complexities of your case, you can rely on us.
Whether we resolve your matter by consent or through litigation, our team of Family and Divorce Lawyers in Adelaide will be with you every step of the way.
We know that it can seem overwhelming, but that’s why we’re here to help you work through it.
No dramas, just a Sensible Divorce.