Going through the Court system to resolve your family law dispute is an expensive, time consuming and stressful experience, but sometimes it is the only way forward. However, it is not the only way of achieving a final settlement with your ex. An alternative method of reaching a resolution is through mediation.
- It often saves money and is more efficient in reaching an outcome;
- It promotes open communication between both parties;
- There is not a decision imposed upon the parties by a Court. The decision-making is left entirely up to the parties involved and therefore it is more likely that an outcome both parties can ‘live with’ will be reached;
- The agreement reached may be more effective in finalising the matter. Parties are less prone to breach agreements that they have made themselves; and
- If the agreement does need to be revisited, there is an effective structure in place that can be used to resolve future disputes without the need to go to Court.
Mediations are conducted by an impartial practitioner, who acts as the mediator. Parties can also be assisted by their own separate legal representation to give them specific advice throughout the process.
Would you like to look into mediation for your matter? If so, we can help. Call Ellie of our office on 8410 9494.